Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded 1.2% higher against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 20:00 PM ET on March 26th. In the last week, Zcash has traded up 2.6% against the US dollar. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for $32.54 or 0.00480841 BTC on popular exchanges including Coinut, Sistemkoin, Allcoin and CoinExchange. Zcash has a market capitalization of $311.26 million and $220.17 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $7.68 or 0.00113456 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.65 or 0.00083460 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 6.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00002219 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 17.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00002240 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002442 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 35.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 18.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0274 or 0.00000405 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0049 or 0.00000073 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gemini, LocalTrade, Tux Exchange, Upbit, BX Thailand, Cryptohub, BCEX, Bitlish, Bit-Z, C2CX, Bitinka, Mercatox, Gate.io, Cryptomate, Altcoin Trader, Binance, Graviex, Coinrail, Kuna, GOPAX, YoBit, Sistemkoin, OTCBTC, LBank, CoinEx, Instant Bitex, Coinut, Huobi, Exmo, CEX.IO, Ovis, Poloniex, Bitfinex, Kraken, Bithumb, BigONE, Cryptopia, HitBTC, Braziliex, BTC-Alpha, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Allcoin, Trade Satoshi, Crex24, BiteBTC, BTC Trade UA, CoinExchange, LiteBit.eu, OKEx, Coinroom, Liquid, BitBay, Bittrex and WEX. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.